1

Sunday, December 15, 2013

top 5 French book picks for Christmas

If you're anything like me, you've got a slew of people to buy for and by about now you're in a Christmas fog.

My "foolproof" gift giving tends towards something French.
France is always the gift that keeps on giving.
From Provence to Paris.  Foodies to Fashionistas.
You want to spoil someone - a book with a French perspective will usually do the trick.

I have HEAPS of French book recommendations, but these are some relatively new ones which I haven't mentioned before.  For a more complete list of French eye candy, you can click here

You may have seen/heard/bought these....but in case you've haven't, here are some crowd pleasers:


For your one of your besties who deserves some comfort and delight this Christmas:













2.  For a Country Mouse/Town Mouse French experience, you might like to pair it with the
Paris Sketchbook








I bought this after we'd been to Paris and all my photos got lost in cyberspace.
It brings joy every time I flick through it:)






3.  This is the latest from one of my favourite author/photographer's Janelle McCulloch.



It was released on 1st December, so there aren't many online images to display just yet.
Suffice to say, it is a visual delight and as usual for one of Janelle's books, exquisitely produced.
The attention to design detail is amazing.
This is what I've asked the kids to buy me for Christmas:)








I know this is a children's book, but it is SO divine, I'm sure any food loving, Francophile would love to receive it:








Even gorgeous endpapers....I'm a sucker for beautiful endpapers.













From opulent splendour to farmhouse chic - this beautiful book covers it all.





********************************************

UPDATE:

As wonderful luck would have it, the very same day I published this list, Vicki Archer interviewed Tish Jett of A Femme d'Un Certain Age regarding her gorgeous new book Forever Chic: Frenchwomen's Secrets for Timeless Beauty, Style, and Substance

It looks right up our cobblestone alley my friends.


You can read her interview with Vicki Archer here {click}.  This is most definitely, absolutely going on my wishlist.  



Love you more than an empty laundry basket,

Meredy xo

2 comments:

  1. These look fabulous, what great choices!

    I too am going to request the Janelle McCulloch book....the beach in the image you have featured is Villefranche Sur Mer, which is our summer holiday destination....I may or not have mentioned that once or a hundred times ;) That is a great shot of the beach, I can see our apartment & the spot we were usually sit :)

    Merry Christmas!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonjour! i'm a frequent reader..not sure if i've commented before. our family of 6 moved to paris last year and my amazon shopping cart is forever filled with french reads! just ordered the Paris Sketchbook for my daughter..thank you for the recommendation! joyeux noel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I look forward to visiting you soon! Meredith xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails