1

Thursday, November 28, 2013

kicking off Christmas right....

Before I do much else, I'm going to.....

Set the mood by listening to these:






Then I'm going to make this:


Nigella's Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova.
I make this so often during the summer months that it's become almost de rigeur when you come to our home.
There's something comforting about that I think.
And why not, I say.  It's easy, delicious and a treat for all.

and this....


So refreshing this time of year.....
How hot was Sydney today!!  Ick. Could have done with a few barrels of this today.
Recipe here {click}

Dot these around the house for some Christmas ambience:


These are just plain candles wrapped with eucalyptus leaves.  So Australian - so festive:)

Watch this:




Never gets old:)



Print this out and pop into a frame:


Un-Grinching myself by hanging this on my door:

I was whinging & moaning to Beck that I was the Grinch because my Christmas decorations are in storage FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW BAH HUMBUG!  I adore Christmas and love all my quirky, imperfect, hand-made by the kids ornaments that get hung on our tree.  Our tree usually looks like an elf threw up on it and I love it that way.  I feel like a part of me is missing.  Shallow but true. {If I were a bigger person, here's where I would impart that God is reinforcing the real reason for the season in my life and teaching me the error of my wicked worldly ways.}

Anyhoo, Beck, being the superior friend that she is surprised me with this wreath in the mail two days ago.  This is a 4D wreath.  It looks beautiful and that would be enough, but every time we open the door it gently, melodically jingles as though there are reindeer landing softly on the roof.  I love it with a passion.


Then, and ONLY then will I be ready to:

make a list,
check it twice,
try to ignore who's been naughty more than thrice:)


Hey, BT DUBS {teenage speak for "by the way", my peeps} Here's my new Christmas mug!



I love it!  It cost me $1 at the Salvation Army shop.  Love the Salvo's.
The exercise book is my ticket to sanity these upcoming holidays.
I'll share more in a later post.
As you can see, I went all Griswold with the design.  



and if all else fails:

Put up more fairy lights.



Love you more than my new Christmas mug,

Meredy xo


2 comments:

  1. I've a feeling Nigella could do with a fair feed of that Choc Pav at the moment Meredy. Wishing you every joy of this season. Your posts always bring a smile to my face ... and for that I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice meredy; Love those candles - perfect if you're in Australia (which you ARE) and I'm still grateful to you for introducing me to the hillsong Christmas music xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I look forward to visiting you soon! Meredith xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails