1

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

the remedy



Gak.
It's Wednesday.
For me it's a much needed day to stay home and face the music.
Carpets and bathrooms in need of a zjoosh, laundry as far as the eye can see, an empty fruit bowl in need of replenishment and an empty biscuit barrel.
So.  Clean first. Then shop.  Then fold.
Repeat.
I'm about to domestically flatline, I need an IV of inspiration, statum.


{inside cover of Holly's latest release (which I just got in the mail this week)..she designed this cover to be removed, ironed and then hung up as an instant moodboard.  Clever clogs.}

God bless you, Holly Becker.  That girl always delivers.
Holly Becker of Decor8 blog has written an incredibly inspirational essay about never giving up on your dreams on Kelly Hoppen's blog.  If you get a couple of minutes, grab a cuppa and do yourself a favour and read it.  Even if you're not into interior design.  I promise, you'll be inspired:  HERE



Just in time for the entertaining season.  I'm loving the vintage, mismatched enamelware on this table.  Gorgeous!  Yes.  I'm totally judging a book by its cover.
While I'm at it, for those of you in the US who read my blog.  My thoughts are with you at this time this year. Halloween followed by Thanksgiving followed by Christmas.  You have my admiration and my sympathy.  How you are not in the foetal position sucking your thumb on Christmas Eve is beyond me.


Instagram is truly amazing.  There is now a daily bible reading plan called "She Reads Truth" that you can access through Instagram.  Two of my favourite things in the one place!  It's like a peanut butter and honey sandwich:)  Only better for my thighs.

*******************************

How are your end of year preparations going?
Are you being driven spare with end of year concerts, speech nights and the need to get it all done?
I think I've had to make a "super urgent" trip to either Kmart or Target nearly every second day for the past fortnight.  I've read the literature about our teenagers and tweens brains not being fully developed and they have no forward planning processing abilities, but for the love!

Anyhoo, I'm sure you're in exactly the same boat.
Thank goodness for the Sisterhood of the Travelling Panicked Mothers!
Yes, you shall know them by the frantic lane changing of their people mover and the screech of their tyres pulling into the car spot outside of Target.....closely followed by the slamming of sliding van doors, and their scarf and contents of their over-stuffed tote bag trailing behind them as a they power walk into the mall with a troop of chastened children dragging their feet behind her.

Peace be with you girlfriends.

Love you more than a parking spot on a Saturday morning,

Meredy xo

****UPDATE****

Are you sitting down?  If you live in Sydney and have long drooled over Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma and West Elm this will be a Red Letter Day for you.  Brace yourselves....They are coming to Sydney town!  You can read about it HERE.  There really is a Santa.

9 comments:

  1. oh, oh, I need that book!! I so love the cover!!!!! How is the build going? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, the drawings go into council next week. Eeek! Also meeting with the first of five builders who will be tendering for the job. Just between you, me and the gatepost....I'm a little intimidated. M xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Meredith,
    I agree Meredith, Christmas is enough. Everyone celebrates their birthdays just prior to Christmas here too. My life is super crazy busy after starting up my cake stand/vintage hire business. I have markets every weekend to Christmas and I'm looking at traveling to some further afield towns where the gals have a bit more money to spend and go to the markets/craft fairs without their husbands in tow (I lose many a sale thanks to men who don't think their wives need anymore china but there again there are men who have bought them for their wives!) I have to see inside that book. Does it have more elegant table settings too? I still think I prefer crystal or glass bowls to colanders on my table! Pop over to my blog - I have some mini reviews of the books I received for my birthday including 'Celebrate' by Pippa Middleton. I think it would be your kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha I think I laugh aloud every time I read one of your blog posts. You are classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny!!
    Ah tis the season to embrace the chaos and do something self indulgent for one's self to *get through!!*
    Ah I do love Christmas though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read Holly Becker's essay now and cannot stick around to read any more of this lovely blog today as I'm off to never give up on my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH!!!
    Meredy I am laughing and crying into my coffee reading this-
    "Sisterhood of the Travelling Panicked Mother"

    Think I've been the people mover to the left of you endlessly without knowing!!
    I'm thinking of just hiding in the corner and sorting it out in one big whack over night whilst the stores empty!

    Am leaping about Pottery Barn- now to get Anthro and H&M and I'll be eternally happy- shallow beast that I am between being crazed mother!

    Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! "gak" and "zjoosh" are two words i have
    never heard spoken in the states! i guess we
    would say, "yikes" and "shmultz."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I look forward to visiting you soon! Meredith xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails